What Is prostate Cancer?
Prostate Cancer, I will tell you about the male prostate gland which is known as gadood. This prostate gland exist in every male, but it usually creates a problem after the age of 50 years. If you look at this diagram.
Normally, the prostate is affects by two types of diseases. One is the enlargement of prostate, which is not cancerous and also known as benign of prostate hyperplasia and the other is the enlargement of prostate which is due to cancer.
This in men normally blocks the passage of the urinary track after the age of fifty years. In this case, most people face a problem in urination and they come to us with this issue.
The second type of disease is the prostate cancer. Which is dangerous for everyone. Need to be treated in the first or second stage of it. It is very common in India in old age peoples.
What is the main cause of prostate cancer
There are few risk factors of prostate cancer. Which cause the prostate cancer happen.
- Age: is the most major reason behind the prostate cancer. This is find most common in above the age of 50 years old men.
- Family history: if your father, uncle or grand father ever had the same problem then there might be a possibility of this disease in you. Or if your female family member ever had breast cancer or Overial cancer then there is a risk of having it because of family history.
- Obesity: Lifestyle changes, food changes, Obesity this can also higher the risk of prostate cancer.
This risk factors are divides into 2 types. One is modifiable and another is non modifiable. Age and family history you can not change from your side. Obesity, Bad diet routine or lack of exercise can be modifiable.
Symptoms of prostate cancer
Prostate cancer problems and other prostate problems symptoms are very common. The most common problem in this case is urination. After discharging urine from body also it makes you feel that still you need to do more. You have to go for it 3/4 times.
It also pains during urination or sometimes it bleeds through urine. If you have such symptoms then you need to go to doctor. But this symptoms are not assure the cancer. This are common to other prostate problems also. Some tests need to do by doctors advice.
There are no obvious signs or symptoms of prostate cancer in its beginning stages. Many early stage prostate cancers are detected only through a digital rectal exam and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing.
When the tumor becomes larger, symptoms may appear. They may include:
- Frequent urination, including the need to get up often during the night to urinate
- Hesitancy in starting the flow of urine or inability to urinate (urinary retention)
- Loss of force of the stream of urine
- Pain or discomfort while urinating
- Pain with ejaculation
- Blood in the urine or semen
- Back pain or bone pain that is new and unexplained by recent injury or increased activity
- Incontinence of bowel or bladder contents
These symptoms can also be caused by other, less serious conditions and do not necessarily mean that you have prostate cancer. It is important, however, to see your doctor if you are having any of these symptoms. Prostate Cancer Icd 10 Code can be treated.
Tests need to done for Prostate Cancer
There are few tests which are common in prostate regarding problems. One is blood test which is Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA). Its a simple test and if PSA is raises then there is a risk of the cancer. If the PSA is normal then no need to worry about it.
Also City scan, MRI, BIOPSY, bone test, PSMA etc. This all stage to know about the confirmation of cancer stage. Before all this BIOPSY plays the most important role.
There are 4 stages of Prostate cancer 1st,2nd,3rd & 4th. In 1st & 2nd stages the cancer stays inside of the prostate. In 3rd stage prostate starts spreading out of prostate. Then in stage 4 it spreads around the whole body as in bones, stomach, liver.
Treatment for Prosted cancer
Treatment of this disease is stage wise. There are 3 types of treatment for this cancer 1st is surgery.
2nd is radiation and 3rd is systemic therapy ( chemo or hormonic).
In our country stage 4 cancer is very common. In this stage only hormone and chemo therapy works. Generally in stage 1 and 2 gets treated by surgery. If required then only hormone therapy of chemo therapy works, depending on your risk factors.
In stage 3 normally radiation and hormone or orchidectomy or injection therapy works. Chemo therapy applies only the area where pains.
Now you all have to keep in your mind that the risk factors are can be changed should be done immediately.
Top 5 Foods To Prevent Prostate Cancer
- A diet high in berries which are full of antioxidants is key.
- Green tea.
- Foods rich in good fats such as those obtained from fish and nuts.
Also your regular exercise in daily routine can help to prevent prostate cancer.